The St Ralph Sherwin Trust, a family of 25 Catholic academies, acknowledges the difficulties faced by many of the families we serve, particularly in light of the adverse effects of the Coronavirus in 2020 on the community.
With this in mind, we are pleased to announce the launch of the Trust Family Support Fund.
The Family Support Fund is a source of financial help available to all registered full-time students of our academies and is intended to help students who are experiencing difficulty through hardship in paying for:
- Curriculum trips, visits and residential courses
- Uniform, shoes or sports kit
- Other materials or equipment required for academic studies
- Attendance at seminars, interviews, or work experience placements
- Emergency travel expenses
There is also potential for relieving hardship during recognised Academy holidays by providing access to one free school meal each day for those students.
Students may be eligible to apply for grants from the Family Support Fund if:
- their household income is less than £25,000 per year
- their parents are currently claiming other means-tested benefits, including Income Support, Working Tax Credit/Child Tax Credit/Income-Based Employment and Support Allowance/Universal Credit…provided the student is not entitled to Free School Meals
- at the sole discretion of the Headteacher – any student who does not fall under the categories above but considers themselves to be in a state of financial hardship